• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Scopos TL805

Stu

80/560mm F7 Triplet APO

It's nearly 20 years old I believe, I bought it 2nd hand. The paint was badly faded and chipped in places. I've resprayed it in black but the finish isn't perfect as I'm not a professional, the finish isn't as hard as I'd hoped for. The tube rings left a mark in the paint so I have put tape round it at the spacing for 120mm dovetail bars so it's not visible when clamped. It also leaves a slight mark where the dew sheild ring sits when retracted. But it still looks much better than when I bought it. It was originally flocked inside but this has all been replaced as it was falling apart. The inner and outer surface of the lens cell have been cleaned using baader cleaning fluid. No nasty scratches or marks on the glass. 2" dual speed crayford focuser which has been stripped and lubricated. Comes with tube rings, clamshell ring, dovetail bar. It has a soft case but it's showing its age. 

I paid £250 for it so I'll offer it at that price. It's not in showroom condition but still a good lump of scope for the price. 

I don't fancy posting it, I'm near Kettering and I don't mind driving half hour to meet for a collection. I can send pics if anyone is interested. 

Before any marks occured. 

20230403_214638

The rings now sit about 2" further towards the dew sheild. The marks on the tube are hidden by them, it's just a light mottled effect. The one from the dew shield isn't visible when retracted. 

large.Screenshot_20230704_011235_Gallery.jpg.e2174efb06510176861668a8e9625b6f.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230704_011228_Gallery.jpg.ac2a0f76dcf6dd2e9a06832db03bc70b.jpg

* I didn't have any black tape available. 

Edited by Stu

Its probably worth you putting this on UKABS as well if you want to shift it ?

1 minute ago, Bino-viewer said:

Its probably worth you putting this on UKABS as well if you want to shift it ?

Holding off for the moment as I might have someone interested in it. If not it'll be going on there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.