• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Twitter

Astronomer, Reinvented

For those who are interested, I am on Twitter with the screen name Baurice. My master index takes you to all of my social media accounts.

There have been many rumours about Twitter, since Elon Musk took over. The fact is that, some of my contacts have left but the reality is that it is less than 5%. One rumour is that Elon Musk wants to change the funding from advertising to subscription. I honestly believe that it is destined to fail. Unless I've misjudged the general population, I literally don't think people are willing to pay for social media. This is even less likely when they realise that their audiences will shrink. Yet, for now, Twitter is largely business as usual. However, I  have now created accounts on Mastodon and Reddit. Yet the mass exodus has not started yet.

One of the pillars of my reinvention is my relationship with social media. My nature, I am quite outspoken about certain issues. Yet seeing some celebrities make utter fools of themselves on Twitter has led me to believe that I am no more qualified to comment on current affairs than they are! Also, since retirning to work full-time, I don't have much time. In any case, politicians are not going to change their policies by reading my tweets. So it is mostly astronomy now and little rubbish.