• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

APT auto flip

Stu

Hi folks. Just a quick one. APT auto flip settings, anything I should definitely be changing or is it ok as is?

Can't answer your specific question (NINA here) but if you're going to leave it to flip unattended, I would probably babysit it the first couple of times to make sure it isn't going bonkers. Also, check mount limits to ensure scope isn't banging into tripod legs before the flip...

16 minutes ago, Bob Dobber said:

Can't answer your specific question (NINA here) but if you're going to leave it to flip unattended, I would probably babysit it the first couple of times to make sure it isn't going bonkers. Also, check mount limits to ensure scope isn't banging into tripod legs before the flip...

Sounds like a good plan, I don't mind babysitting it in this weather 

You can of course just slew to somewhere that is very close to the meridian and force a flip on a target you're not interested in, just to see the flip in action. But I know that I sat and watched mine do the first two or three "for real" regardless! Good luck!

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

my settings stularge.Captureflip.JPG.bcffa7a24ec8ed2f085d5883020e6b7f.JPG

Thanks 👍 I'll try it next time. It says I need to add ASPS for it to solve.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Thanks 👍 I'll try it next time. It says I need to add ASPS for it to solve.

No you don’t need Asps your solver is set in plate solving settings you can use ps3 (I use ps3 for both near and blind) Astap or asps  I use 4 sec exposures with a duoband , clear filter you could use 2-3 whatever works for you but if too long they may not solve , what version of Apt are you running .

45 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

No you don’t need Asps your solver is set in plate solving settings you can use ps3 (I use ps3 for both near and blind) Astap or asps  I use 4 sec exposures with a duoband , clear filter you could use 2-3 whatever works for you but if too long they may not solve , what version of Apt are you running .

I only have ASTAP set up,  I was looking for an option to set it for anything else other than near or blind. I'm on 4.21. I get this message when trying to turn on auto flip. 

large.Screenshot_20230708_101633_Gallery.jpg.0a81543f87cf0c98f11fcb813802befd.jpg

large.Screenshot_20230708_102038_Gallery.jpg.2d7b4873975da4295a09d5f6e24b93e2.jpg

Edited by Stu

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

I only have ASTAP set up,  I was looking for an option to set it for anything else other than near or blind. I'm on 4.21. I get this message when trying to turn on auto flip. 

large.Screenshot_20230708_101633_Gallery.jpg.0a81543f87cf0c98f11fcb813802befd.jpg

large.Screenshot_20230708_102038_Gallery.jpg.2d7b4873975da4295a09d5f6e24b93e2.jpg

Update to 4.25 , that’s a bug I’m running 4.26 , 4.25 ran ok 4.26 release yesterday  look I’m user guide I think ps3 link is there 

Edited by Bottletopburly

Go to Gear > pointcraft > settings > here you can see the path settings , next to ps3 download see user guide to configure 

17 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Go to Gear > pointcraft > settings > here you can see the path settings , next to ps3 download see user guide to configure

Thanks, I'll get it set up 👍

• Like 1