• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Quick test of the Bresser 152mm F5

Guest JohnC

Just had to go out and test the new refractor even though the clouds were knocking on the door.

This was from the back garden and without using the streetlight switchy offy device.

First up Vega to check colimation and finder alignment.

The finder was almost spot on, requiring the smallest of adjustments. Colimation looked slightly out until i tightened the

screws holding the diagonal in! Turned out to be very good.

As you would expect, a certain amount of colour was present getting worse as the magnification increased.

This was not too intrusive and would be easy to dial out with filters.

M13 next as it was in a decent position for me. it showed reasonably well taking into consideration the light pollution.

From here i did a slow sweep to M51 via Arcturus and Mizar.

M51 was just visible using averted vision.

Only a quick jaunt but enough to satisfy my curiosity and fire me up for another visit to Belper.

I am pleased with the views and wide fields and look forward to seeing more with darker skies.

The Skytee 2 handles the scope well, indeed it handles the load of the refractor and the Intes Mak easily and remains very smooth.

Due to the length of the ota i have had to use the slow motion cables and extend the tripod legs

Well satisfied.

John