• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Synscan firmware update issue

Speed

Hi   so I am having issues updating the Synscan firmware   I keep getting open file error  any advice would be appreciated 

Usually a Windows open file error occurs when a file that has been opened for reading from or writing to is not closed properly before trying to open it again.  Usually a PC reset or power down sorts its out.

Hi   Many thanks    will try it tomorrow    bit stressed at moment   .. not that computer savvy     

Hi yes I watched this a few times     still cant get past the original   issue     all new to this go to stuff and to be honest finding it a bit confusing to set up 

What version is the hand controller running at the moment and what version are you trying to update it to?

41 minutes ago, Speed said:

Hi   it says    4.39.05 

So do you have you a particular issue with that version? Most updates are tweaks that the majority of users won't even notice.

Hi   not really as just got it and trying to work around my first go to      just  wanted to get the latest firmware ... I have read that sometimes it is best to stick with the firm ware you have unless there are major improvements as updating can bring other issues ... as I am purely visual   and mainly  lunar and planetary   

I've never updated either of my Celestron and skywatcher handsets. Maybe I should but they seem to work fine.