• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Not bad for a tenner

philjay

Got a Meade 50mm finder plus bracket at Kelling off Pete from Liverpool, he'd tried to make a finder guider out of it but gave up, so he decided to sell it for a tenner, thats where I came in :)

Chepped 25mm off the tube length fitted the 1 1/4" visual back in properley, robbed a spring out of a biro to replace the missing one in the front top spring tensioner on teh bracket, fitted a spare ADM MDT clamp to it and jobs a good un

I actually got to try it out last night. After adjusting the focus, which is still a bit blobby but hey its only for guiding it worked a treat with the FLT98.

The CGE was on form as well after its regrease and I must say I havent seen a flatter PHD guiding graph on this mount.

Hope to give it a go tonight if the dirty great big cloud bank clears

Impressive.

well done phil, me i am not so good with DIY LOL

Nor me. I once ended up in hospital because of a shelf. :unsure:

I like releasing new life in unwanted things, especially on a budget. Well done it looks good. :-)

Luckily I don't end up in hospital, what happened with the shelf Craig?

I'm interested to know how this performs because this is a mod right up my street. If successful I may well try something similar for my budget guiding set up. I'm only in the planning stage thus far :lol:

so far mike ive only been able to test it once and it performed well. thevweather has prevented me doing any imaging since i built it but will let you know how it perfoms in anger so to speak.