• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Easy AZ100 update

Streetbob

Just updated the software for my Rowan AZ100. Very quick and easy with the new planetarium looking clear and comprehensive. As soon as there is an upgrade for the Nexus they should work together.  Then I’ll only need clear nights!

• Like 2

I'm also looking into investing in my own AZ100 before long ; possibly in the next 3 - 12 months.

Do you have a probable preference with whether you'll be using 

New Rowan planetarium software, SkySafari app, or the Nexus DSC ??

Its nice you have these options. I guess it depends on the individual, and what you are most comfortable with ?

Currently i just use the Nexus DSC, and often pick convienient target with SkySafari : often from 'Tonights best'

But i don't usually just use one of them exclusively - unless its just a quick lunar / planetary session, and then i'll often use nothing at all.

Exciting news that. When I’m sun bothering I just do a simple align and the motors track well. The new Rowan software looks good but I haven’t used it yet. I’ve been using sky safari which works well, gives a view of the sky and you can make your own observation list but I need a way to mount the iPad. I used to like the Nexus for its simplicity and compactness but until the upgrade I can’t use it with the motors. The only problems I have with the AZ100 is balancing with the binoviewer and the motor casing getting in the way of the pan handle. Let me know if you want a good look over one before you buy. 

• Thanks 1