• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Trailer tents

BAZ

We have decided that after many years being happy campers, that we are too far gone now, (could have more than one meaning!) to be able to chuck a big and stroppy tent up and back down.

So we have decided to get a trailer tent, which from what we have seen, is not as hard work as pitching a tent, and has more comfortable accommodation. The beds in particular, as Krys struggles to get off the floor.

We had a look in Robbie's one over the weekend, and that would do us fine.

So tomorrow we have a chap coming to fit a tow bar, £140 all in which is very reasonable, and we are now looking for new premises.

We are now looking forward to EMS1 even more.

Nice one Martyn, it's best to be comfortable on a night, otherwise, where is the fun if you have a bad back the next day.

no hope for you now martyn, it,ll be caravans and playing golf next :)

i really like the idea of a trailer tent but dont have the acess round the back for it.

1st dibs on your tent porch though when you sell your tent ;)

I know exactly how Krys feels. I think it's a wonderful idea, as you say much more like home.

Just looked at the Turtle 1500, I want one of them.

I don't have any golf bats Phil!

Sorry on the awning, and tent, already bagged by son No2.

Keep your eye open at Yeoman's, that's where we got ours from for £30.

A reasonable phone signal at last!!!

The trailer tent we had a Kelling is a Dandy, the best one we've owned ever. It has an insulated roof, is wind proof and can be packed away wet because it's made of PVC. It also never ever needs water proofing and won't tear.

The one we have for sale is a Combi-Camp, which is made of canvas and much cooler. Although we're now thinking of keeping it and selling just the awning as the trailer tent makes a good quick room, ideal for Belper. ;-)

You're more than welcome to view either for ideas, either at our house or a meet. :-)

Hi Cazz, we have our eye on a couple, and might have a look at one on Sunday.

We just need somewhere to store it, so we will be meithering local farmers.

Krys is getting all excited now!