• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IC1805

Stu

Or The Heart & Fish Head, could be a pub 🙂 

Captured on 29/08/23

21x 600s + darks. I did some flats but they were rubbish. William Optics GT81, AA269CPROTEC + IDAS-NBZ Nebular Booster, AZ-EQ5

Captured in APT, stacked in DSS and processed in Affinity

IC1805_29-08-23

Edited by Stu

Cracking image Stu, that NBZ filter has done an excellent job in what I assume were moonlit skies.

9 minutes ago, Magellan Boy said:

Cracking image Stu, that NBZ filter has done an excellent job in what I assume were moonlit skies.

Thanks 😁 Once the clouds cleared I mistook the moon for a neighbour's floodlight 😄 so 5 stars for the filter!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks 😁 Once the clouds cleared I mistook the moon for a neighbour's floodlight 😄 so 5 stars for the filter!

Speaking of floodlights, my neighbours have just installed a blindingly bright LED panel one near my obsy! 😠

3 minutes ago, Magellan Boy said:

Speaking of floodlights, my neighbours have just installed a blindingly bright LED panel one near my obsy! 😠

Would they be offended if you put a 15ft fence up?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Would they be offended if you put a 15ft fence up?

😄 A tempting idea! Ironically, my neighbours asked me if I would put up a higher fence when I built the observatory 10 years ago, which I then did and was more than happy to do! Its the one on the right in the following photo. My cunning plan is to string up a wire in parallel with the fence and hang a tarp/blackout fabric screen from it, which can be removed when I am not observing. Here is a photo showing my current situation. That post on the right (and another behind the dome) I had purposely included when the observatory was built, in case such an eventuality occurred.

embed?resid=4F7B28D3F679F72A!38515&authk

• Like 2

@Magellan BoyVery nice! That's the dream one day. 

Also an excellent bit of forward planning, better than my solution of poking the PIR on my neighbour's light with my extendable pole from work!

• Thanks 1