• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astronomy messes you up.

DeanWatson

I'm sitting here at my desk at four in the afternoon to process some of my images from last night.  Even though semi retired, I'm doing them now because I have felt like death all day.  I started last night around eight and knocked off around twoish which is really near a full working day on top of the one I just had (work from home Monday and Tuesday).  

Is it just me, or does an evenings astronomy mess up the following day for others like that too?  I slept until around six and then fell asleep in the conservatory from eight until ten and am only just starting to feel more human.  Speaking of which, when I was fourteen I could go out in all weathers but not afford the kit I wanted.  Now the reverse is true...

• Like 3

My body clock has returned back to daylight mode only!  For the past year I've really struggled to stay up late enough to even consider getting the kit outside...

I know what you mean! Apparently I'm a tad grumpy after staying up astromomising 😄 I'm just not quite comfortable leaving £X's worth of gear in the garden to fend for itself all night

9 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Scripts and automation is you friend dean 🤣👍

Yes, I've got everything set up to run from my ho9me office but I like the masochism of Astronomical Yoga where you bend into positions you didn't know the Human body could do so as to reach an awkward finder or eyepiece position.

• Like 1