• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Orion StarShoot IV

Guest dsmart

Hi folks, I've picked up a Orion StarShoot IV as a starter camera. So far took some video of moon but have been waiting for Jupitor to appear and clear skies. Well last weekend spent hours in the garden but eventually got a image. But I was wondering if any one else had use one and could suggest the best mixing levels (i.e brightness, contrast ....) to use.

Having a un motorised skyliner-200 dob. the hours of re aligning and then adjusting the mixing was brain draining.

It's hard work isn't it, you really need a motorised mount, makes it alot easier. Sorry I cannot help you with mixing levels, I'm sure an imager will be along soon with some advice.

Cheers Mick,

A motorised mount unfortunately with baby No.2 on the way too deep for my pocket. Funny how in every hobby there is always something else better to be acquired. Maybe after Saturday (which was still looking okay) I'll be able to answer my own question (with or with out hair). Then the next advice needed will be best use of registax.