• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest print of my astro - and a conclusion!

Bob Dobber

So that's prints done on canvas, matte aluminium and now "premium" acrylic. I was really keen to see which one suited astro best, and while the sharpness seems best on acrylic I think that the nature of astro pics (which are generally predominantly dark) suit matte aluminium best. Interesting exercise (and not hugely cheap!) but I would ideally like to try and sell some prints of my stuff. I've emailed a couple of small local galleries to no avail, has anyone got any ideas or suggestions??

Here's the latest output, looks nice, but think it'll be just that bit too reflective, as is also evidenced in the picture itself. I've included the two previous producitons: Crescent Nebula in matte aluminium and Iris Nebula on canvas. Nothing wrong with canvas, but doesn't feel as "premium" as the other media. Any thoughts??

2023-10-03_06-52-04

2023-07-24_01-49-19

2023-07-14_03-45-54

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RonC said:

Would matt glass help in deterring reflections?

Impressed with all 3 mate!

Not sure the supplier I use offers matte acrylic to be honest...

They look great Rob, I'm not sure where you could sell them though, maybe Ebay or Etsy?

24 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

They look great Rob, I'm not sure where you could sell them though, maybe Ebay or Etsy?

I actually have one on both platforms to no avail. Without paying to promote them I'm unsure how they will be seen that's all...

25 minutes ago, Bob Dobber said:

I actually have one on both platforms to no avail. Without paying to promote them I'm unsure how they will be seen that's all...

I see what you mean Rob, I've just looked on both for space prints and scrolled through the first ten pages on each and they didn't appear 😞 

Forget emailing the galleries take your prints down there and show them what they are missing out on.

It is too easy to ignore emails.

19 minutes ago, Graham said:

Forget emailing the galleries take your prints down there and show them what they are missing out on.

It is too easy to ignore emails.

You'd think, but I did get replies from two of three that I did email to be fair...

If you ever get glass over an image get Art glass as it anti reflective and uv blocking our local shop in Kettering offer it and it’s not that much dearer .

7 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

If you ever get glass over an image get Art glass as it anti reflective and uv blocking our local shop in Kettering offer it and it’s not that much dearer .

Interesting, thanks. To be honest I just get whatever the supplier I've got used to using provides, and they are very cheap!! Whenever I've looked elsewhere they've been significantly dearer and these are only really test prints right now.

• Like 1