• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Return of the Titchy

Nightspore

Another great report and sounds lie a great session. I'm glad Titchy is back up and running. What's Titchy's focal length?

9 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Another great report and sounds lie a great session. I'm glad Titchy is back up and running. What's Titchy's focal length?

Thanks. It turned out better than I expected considering it wasn't exactly a 'clear' night as promised. The Titchy has a titchy 360mm f/l and it is  f/6.

n2tr05S.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nightspore said:

Thanks. It turned out better than I expected considering it wasn't exactly a 'clear' night as promised. The Titchy has a titchy 360mm f/l and it is  f/6.

n2tr05S.jpg

Pretty much the same as my WO ZS61 360 FL and f/5.9 and probably my favourite scope. The optics are pin sharp and it is so easy and fun to use. I used to have a WO ZS66 which was a lovely scope and, like a Wally, I went and sold it, as soon as it had gone I regretted it.

10 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Pretty much the same as my WO ZS61 360 FL and f/5.9 and probably my favourite scope. The optics are pin sharp and it is so easy and fun to use. I used to have a WO ZS66 which was a lovely scope and, like a Wally, I went and sold it, as soon as it had gone I regretted it.

Those WO's look nice, pricey though, like everything WO. I'm not sure who makes the Titchy, but it can be bought for as little as 400 quid depending what name is on it. I very nearly bought a Takahashi 60mm.

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/rvo-horizon-60-ed-doublet-refractor-ota.html

dS7c1rvl.png

But I wasn't overkeen on the visual back or the fact that there is no micro-focusing. It's probably well balanced though.

4 minutes ago, Nightspore said:

Those WO's look nice, pricey though, like everything WO. I'm not sure who makes the Titchy, but it can be bought for as little as 400 quid depending what name is on it. I very nearly bought a Takahashi 60mm.

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/rvo-horizon-60-ed-doublet-refractor-ota.html

dS7c1rvl.png

But I wasn't overkeen on the visual back or the fact that there is no micro-focusing. It's probably well balanced though.

Yes, WO are pricey but good quality. Fortunately I bought mine quite a while ago, I think they are around £150 - £200 more expensive now. 

I must admit I've been looking at the Taks myself, maybe one day...............

2 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Yes, WO are pricey but good quality. Fortunately I bought mine quite a while ago, I think they are around £150 - £200 more expensive now. 

I must admit I've been looking at the Taks myself, maybe one day...............

Everything's more expensive now lol. I'm still tempted by a Tak' myself.

• Like 1

I looked at 'some Taks' the other day ! 

The FC100 is what i have my eye on. Yes, the focusers are a possible sticking point.

Problem is, i have no funds currently for astro gear, despite all the recent sudden influx of Vixen LVWs.

Siouxsie Sioux (i still have trouble spelling her name) was great wasn't she ??

A real trail blazer, and ahead of her time. She's 66 now !!

I very much like the cover they did of John Lennon's 'Dear prudence"

Heres Siouxsie performing (miming) it, and check out the guest guitarist : Robert Smith from The Cure

Long live Titchy! Brilliant report, Dave. Siouxsie and the Banshees are a classic unit. Love how their music incorporated itself into your observing session, lol! Perhaps, it was synchronicity! Or Synchronicity II!

Reggie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

I looked at 'some Taks' the other day ! 

The FC100 is what i have my eye on. Yes, the focusers are a possible sticking point.

Problem is, i have no funds currently for astro gear, despite all the recent sudden influx of Vixen LVWs.

Siouxsie Sioux (i still have trouble spelling her name) was great wasn't she ??

A real trail blazer, and ahead of her time. She's 66 now !!

I can't spell Siouxsie either. She truly is the Goddess of the New Wave. Apparently, she really is part native Canadian, and may be part Sioux.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fellas on Google Plus said:

Long live Titchy! Brilliant report, Dave. Siouxsie and the Banshees are a classic unit. Love how their music incorporated itself into your observing session, lol! Perhaps, it was synchronicity! Or Synchronicity II!

Reggie

Thanks Reggie. Long live Titchy! I wonder if that's a Halloween Sting mask Sting's wearing?

This lot definitely look better without Halloween make-up.

• Haha 1

Slightly off topic/Titchy, but my laptop HD, running Ubuntu, once had more Siouxsie videos on MP4 than any other artist. Now, Florence + the Machine has just edged Siouxsie off top spot. They say you mellow as you age ...

• Like 2