• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi everybody

Guest airBuko

My name is Wojtek. I live in Wellingborough. I'm new to stargazing but I'm interested in univers since a while. My hobby is photography and I would like to learn about astrophotography. At the moment I can't afford to buy a proper scope but for stargazing I'm using bins Helios Quantum4 25x100

Regards

Nice bins. Welcome to EMS. I will warn you now astrophotography can be extremely expensive! I believe I have heard some people refer to astrophotography as a "bottomless money pit!" A warm welcome to EMS I am sure the imagers (I am mainly visual observer) will be able to advise you further on astrophotography on a budget.

Witamy Wojtek i korzystaj z forum. You have a very good set of binoculars to learn your way around the night sky. Also depending on what camera you are using, you may be able to make some good widefield photos of the sky.

Edited by oldfruit

Hi Wojtek, a warm welcome to EMS.

Iam just a visual observer, so not much help to you there. However you have some nice Bino's, and if you haven't already got it, download Stellarium.

www.stellarium.org

It's freeand very good.

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Wojtek, a warm welcome to EMS.

Iam just a visual observer, so not much help to you there. However you have some nice Bino's, and if you haven't already got it, download Stellarium.

www.stellarium.org

It's freeand very good.

Enjoy the forum.

I've got it now. Thanks

Hello and welcome to EMS.

I used to do more photography than I do now, i've even got all the dark room gear for black and white photography - well all except the room.