• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I Made Bread!!!

Glafnazur

Actually my mum was chucking a bread maker out nowt wrong with it so I’m having it , see how that goes Dave 👍

53 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

I have a bread maker, but have not used it yet, I was going to use it but in the end I made it by hand. The bread maker is in a box under a load of Sue's old meds, unfortunately I still have a lot of clearing up to do since Sue passed in September and to be honest I've found it difficult to do anything. One of the reasons I went to see the moon at the cathedral was because I had been feeling the need to go into church. I went down into St Katherine's Chapel and I spent quite a while praying in there, it was the first time I have felt peace since Sue passed and I didn't cry at all yesterday which was a first.  Since going into the chapel I can feel her presence with me and I feel so much better. I had been thinking of going to the doctors because I thought I had depression, some days all I did was cry, the slightest thing would set me off. Since going into the chapel I feel happy and at peace. Although I miss her, I know that Sue is happy and well and will be waiting for me when my time eventually comes. Have I suddenly got religion, I don't know, but what I do know is that something in that chapel happened to me and I feel better for it.

Well pleased you are finding some peace at last.

Long may it continue.

3 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

I have a bread maker, but have not used it yet, I was going to use it but in the end I made it by hand. The bread maker is in a box under a load of Sue's old meds, unfortunately I still have a lot of clearing up to do since Sue passed in September and to be honest I've found it difficult to do anything. One of the reasons I went to see the moon at the cathedral was because I had been feeling the need to go into church. I went down into St Katherine's Chapel and I spent quite a while praying in there, it was the first time I have felt peace since Sue passed and I didn't cry at all yesterday which was a first.  Since going into the chapel I can feel her presence with me and I feel so much better. I had been thinking of going to the doctors because I thought I had depression, some days all I did was cry, the slightest thing would set me off. Since going into the chapel I feel happy and at peace. Although I miss her, I know that Sue is happy and well and will be waiting for me when my time eventually comes. Have I suddenly got religion, I don't know, but what I do know is that something in that chapel happened to me and I feel better for it.

definitely better made by hand Dave. Well done

That looks nice! Can't beat tasty crusty bread.

I make my own Curries, Chillies, Chow meins amongst other bits, will have to have a masterchef thread 😉

😍

It's such a nice thing to do Dave, Very engrossing, I do a couple of batches a month, including a sourdough. When you get into it a it more I'll let you know how to do that, you'll need a starter, but I can get you one.

But for now, just carry on as you are and build some confidence.

20 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

I've been a born again Christian for over 30 years and I can tell you it helps and is a comfort..

@Glafnazur well Dave the bread came out the bread maker superb 2nd try , I’m not going to lie I messed first one up leaving out two ingredients 🤣 toasted was excellent 

large.IMG_4491.jpeg.5499b80e3e04c4f6c61c876740a42b96.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Loaf number 2, I made in the bread maker and it wasn't as good, so for number 3 I went back to making it by hand and it looks a lot better

20231210_153002

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glafnazur said:

Loaf number 2, I made in the bread maker and it wasn't as good, so for number 3 I went back to making it by hand and it looks a lot better

20231210_153002

Look cracking , I’ve made loads now  my lad now wants my bread for his pack up , oh and I invested in a new bread knife got a James Martin one cuts superbly 👍