• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS starparty 12/10/12 ?

cosmic dave

I will be trying to get us a little starparty booked in the next couple of weeks at a dark sky site on the Lincs coast (between skeggy and mablethorpe) what I need to get at the moment is a idea of numbers wanting to come,

Will you please add your name to this thread if this is something you would be interested in. I am thinking the weekend of 12/10/12 as there will be no moon and hopefully not that cold.

Thanks

David

That weekend is good for me, put me name down please. :)

Edited by Daz type-r

Anderby is the darkest, so going to have a look for a site with electric hookup's in that area :D

Can I steal a spot in somebodies tent? ;)

Craig, in the previous post about this star party Mick and Davejw were going to use my spare pods, Davejw had doubts over if he could make it but you are more than welcome to stop in mine, if Dave is coming you could share a pod, if not, you have one to yourself!

Yes I'll be there if I'm not in Canada! That trip will be in September / October but I won't exactly when for another few weeks yet.

Cheers Darren :D

I might fork our for a small tent by then, we'll see. I am not one for camping! :lol:

Should I camp or should I go home to my nice warm bed at the end of the evening ??? mmmm think I will get the tent out to join you all.

Found a campsite that is happy for us to hold a starparty, its seems in a nice dark area. I have asked if I can call round and check it out on a clear night, they have agreed so I will keep you all posted, if all is ok I think it will be sensible if people book direct with the site, to many cooks and all that, I will let you know more after a night visit. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Cheers David, keep us posted. If we do book it ourselves (not a problem) can we some how guarentee that we will all be together and not spread out over the field (granted I can't see that many people camping in October but you never know........)

I will sort all that out, prob the best thing to do is just let them know your booking for the starparty but i will check with campsite owner we are all together. the site has 120 electric hook ups so we have no probs on that score, :lol::D;)

Nice.

I have not got the time nor the money for SGL7 or Kelling this year so this will proberbly be my first star party ever - so well looking forward to it, just booked the time off work!!!! :D

Edited by Daz type-r