• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Can someone explain the whole camera setup

AshleyCUK

Ok , so i have a fuji x-t2 and ive ordered a Kood T2-FX Adapter for T2/T Mount, so i will also need a T ring to fit onto that which will let me slot it into the focusser?

This is the part i dont really understand.   Just putting the camera into the focusser wont give me any zoom at all, it will just see what the scope is seeing.  So then i need something to let me hook it up to the eyepeices / barlow in order to get the zoom?  If i want to try and shoot the Orion nebula for instance, i need my 2x barlow and 26mm eyepeice to see the image i want to photograph.  So what do i need to hook the camera up to the eyepeices?

Cheers in advance!

I'm not sure why you would want to use a barlow + eyepiece projection on M42 unless you want to zoom in to a specific small area of it.  If I understand correctly you are using a 200mm F5 scope so a focal length of 1000mm. Your Fuji X T2 has a 6000 X 4000  pixel APS-C sensor so with that combination M42 will fill the whole image with just focal plane imaging.

You will not need anything.

Putting it very basically

The camera is roughly the same as using a 10mm eyepiece 

Once you have your image you can crop it to the scale / size you want the final image to be in an image processing software.

ah awesone, ta.  I just assumed that the telescope on its own does no zooming, its just a light bucket.  hence the need for the eyepeices and barlows for your eyeball to see anything.  Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to call and see my set up just let me know. I am in Newark as well!

Ron