• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro Equipment Cull - SW EQ6-R PRO mount, Bresser Messier MC-127 / 1900 Maksutov Cassegrain, a few eyepieces, WO Binoviewer & ZWO ASI178mc

Glafnazur

Since my wife passed away in September I have lost my spark for most things, astronomy being one of them, also due to health issues (trapped nerve in neck and back) I’ve decided to thin down my astro equipment. The EQ6-R PRO is now way to heavy and having to set up every time I observe or try to image is too much. I also have too many scopes, eyepieces and other bits and bobs so it is time to cull them. My aim is to get back into fellwalking (hopefully the back won't be too much of a problem) and take my ZS61, a lightweight mount and DSLR out with me.  I also have a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED PRO which I may reluctantly part with, need to think on that for now, and there may be some more stuff once I have had a good rummage.

Also advertised on SGL, I'll give members here a discounted price - £800 for EQ6-R Pro and 10% off everything else.

I will post pictures over the weekend.

SW EQ6-R PROS mount, tripod, handset and counterweights bought from FLO 3 or 4 years ago, in good condition and works just fine. It has a  few scratches and marks as you would expect from usage. It has the handset, I’ll also throw in Oklop padded bags for both mount and tripod (bought May last), a Sky-Watcher SynScan WiFi Adapter, Lynx Astro Silicone Power Cable for Sky-Watcher and  1.8 & 3.4kg counterweights. 

This all comes to around £1733 new; I am asking £850. Bank transfer and collection only from Derby

Bresser Messier MC-127 / 1900 Maksutov Cassegrain OTA. I bought this second-hand for lunar and planetary and it is a lovely scope but I hardly ever use it and I really don’t like focuser knobs!! I’d prefer collection but this could be posted as I have the boxes. £175 plus p&p

BST StarGuider 60º 3.2mm ED Eyepiece used a couple of times – £25 plus £5 p&p or £25 collected.

BST StarGuider 60º 25mm ED Eyepiece used a couple of times – £25 plus £5 p&p or £25 collected.

Astro Essentials 12.5mm Illuminated Reticle Eyepiece used a couple of times – £20 plus £5 p&p or £20 collected.

Astro Essentials Super Plossl Eyepiece 32mm - £10 plus £5 p&p or £10 collected.

William Optics Binoviewer used a handful of times. Supplied with two matching William Optics 20mm WA 66 deg eyepieces, a 1.6x Barlow nosepiece, gift-box and William Optics Binoviewer 2x Barlow. - £150

ZWO ASI 178MC USB 3.0 Colour Camera - used a handful of times - £150 ono plus £7 p&p

Edited by Glafnazur
missed words
  • Like 1

I understand your need to thin down your astrogear Dave, but I hope you won’t be thinning down your posts to the forum.

34 minutes ago, Streetbob said:

I understand your need to thin down your astrogear Dave, but I hope you won’t be thinning down your posts to the forum.

No, I don't think I'll be doing that. You guys help keep me sane 🤪🤪🤪

William Optics Binoviewer & ZWO ASI 178MC USB 3.0 Colour Camera - sale pending

William Optics Binoviewer & ZWO ASI 178MC USB 3.0 Colour Camera - sold

SW EQ6-R PRO now sold - thanks Rob 👍

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.