• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Member - Hello

DaleH

Hi everybody

I'm Dale and I'm based in Nottingham. I'm brand new to this hobby so still learning the basics right now. I have got myself a Bresser Newtonian with EQ3 mount and I'm looking forward to getting outdoors with it.

I have the dark site membership but I am yet to check out any of the sites. I would be interested in any meet ups at either dark site or elsewhere.

Just to note - if anyone is struggling transport wise and close to my route I am always happy to offer a ride to any meet ups.

• Like 2

Hi there Dale, welcome to EMS.

I'm Rob, based in Derby 

We generally arrange 'ad-hoc' meets these days, with generally 2 or 3 of us (occasionally more) meeting up at Wymeswold or Belper / Alderwasley,

usually just fairly low key, casual observing.

Hope to meet you up there sometime 🙂

Hi Dale, welcome aboard. As Rob said, just keep an eye out for anyone meeting up. Ask any questions you may have, we're a fairly friendly bunch and some know much more than I do!

Edited by tuckstar

Hi Dale, I'm based in Newark so tend to use the Wymeswold site whenever there is a meeting, Look forward to meeting you one day/night.

Ron

Hi and welcome to EMS Dale.

Any questions then just ask away, I'm sure someone here will know the answer or know a way to find out the answer.

Hi Dale. I’m Nottingham based too. I usually make it to Wymeswold and Belper so hopefully see you up there sometime.

Hey Dale, welcome on board.  

I'm only a month in myself, but can already say this is a great place to be!  👍