• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 2903

Nice Steve 👍🏼, lovely image ; you can make out the 'bars' on it, and spiral arms, even though its 30 million light years away.

One of Mr Herschel's I see. Its not one i've observed before to be honest, so I must track it down next time i'm out at the dark site.

Allegedly its 'one of the best galaxys not on Messiers list', and at Mag +8.9 and very well placed, it should be an easy find.

That's nice Steve 👍 but what I really want to know is where are you getting all these clear skies? Have you made some sort of pact with the weather gods or have you developed some kind of cloud zapping ray gun 🔫 virtually every time I look out it is cloudy ☁️

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

Nice Steve 👍🏼, lovely image ; you can make out the 'bars' on it, and spiral arms, even though its 30 million light years away.

One of Mr Herschel's I see. Its not one i've observed before to be honest, so I must track it down next time i'm out at the dark site.

Allegedly its 'one of the best galaxys not on Messiers list', and at Mag +8.9 and very well placed, it should be an easy find.

Thanks Rob.

Yep just of the nose of the lion -maybe a bit further than you think.

11 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

That's nice Steve 👍 but what I really want to know is where are you getting all these clear skies? Have you made some sort of pact with the weather gods or have you developed some kind of cloud zapping ray gun 🔫 virtually every time I look out it is cloudy ☁️

Thanks Dave .

It was pretty grotty last night to start with while I was setting up the OAG ,but after 23-00 it cleared whil;e 2 ish.

Having the obs makes a real difference as well as being semi nocturnal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

It was pretty grotty last night to start with while I was setting up the OAG ,but after 23-00 it cleared whil;e 2 ish.

Having the obs makes a real difference as well as being semi nocturnal.

I think I really need to look into an observatory sometime 🤔 

Clicky dance is not working for me today.

Great looking image all the same.

Splendid image Steve. Quite an isolated beast isn't it?  It should have deserved a Caldwell designation at least.

Oh yeah, really good..