• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Comet E3 ZTF from last year (I think it was last year)

Adam Firth

This was the comet that had everyone talking at the time. Now that ive figured out how to post images on here again ill be putting all of my sketches on here. Theyre not amazing but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.spacer.png

• Like 4

Sketching is a great way to enhance visual observing. I look forward to seeing more.

6 minutes ago, Streetbob said:

Sketching is a great way to enhance visual observing. I look forward to seeing more.

Yeah it's definitely helped me slow down and take more in. I find it relaxing as well.

Nice one. I keep meaning to do some sketching. 

6 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Nice one. I keep meaning to do some sketching. 

I was just going shopping one day, decided to nip into the range and get some pencils and decent paper etc and have a whirl. It's much simpler than AP lol.

On 09/03/2024 at 18:47, Adam Firth said:

I was just going shopping one day, decided to nip into the range and get some pencils and decent paper etc and have a whirl. It's much simpler than AP lol.

It IS much simpler than astrophotography...and a dying and under-appreciated art... Keep them coming!

29 minutes ago, Magellan Boy said:

It IS much simpler than astrophotography...and a dying and under-appreciated art... Keep them coming!

I plan to. I think people get 'spoilt' by AP images (as amazing as they are) so they think they will see that through the eyepiece. Sketching gives a better idea of me.

• Like 1