• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Green laser pens.

Daz Type-R

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a good quality green laser pen?

I have seen some on Amazon but there are loads out there, all different prices, some good reviews, some bad, just wondered if there was a particular make/model that was better than the rest?

I have found that at recent EMS Belper meets having one would be usefull, also, my young nephews are starting to take an interest in astronomy as well as my wifes best friends kids (they have there own little cheap baby telescope and love it, their dad seems interested too) so I`m arranging for them all to come round one night, when it's dark at 18:00 and feel a laser pen would help to show them where things are, so they can find objects themselves.

It will also help to explain the constallations.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers all.

In case you didn't know that are banned at star parties, especially SGL and Kelling. I'm not sure about our party EMS1, I think we need a discussion about this.

Hi, yeah I know, I was not going to bring it to EMS or Kelling or anything like that, it is mainly for Belper (if no one is imaging) and for back garden pointing stuff out to my nephews kind of stuff!

Are you on a flight path as you can get nicked for pointing in the direction of flight paths.

Do you get the sense that I'm against laser pens :lol:

Are you on a flight path as you can get nicked for pointing in the direction of flight paths.

Do you get the sense that I'm against laser pens :lol:

Dont think so, I dont recall seeing any contrails in the skies over my house!

I was also beginning to get that vibe Mick - not quite sure why????????? ;)

Edited by Daz type-r

try sp3 plus.co.uk not the cheapest but mine works well and is a boon when pointing out objects at public talks I do

like all tools when use correctly not a problem when abused can be dangerous

daz,

only thing you may have to watch is hucknall, they fly night and IMC from there as training, but you should hear the little ones coming. just

take care if they are flying large circuits and bumps. think they still do this.

Sheila

They do create havoc for the imagers.

Oops, I had no idea they caused any trouble.

Belated apologies to everyone whose been imaging at Belper whilst I've been trigger happy!