• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Red Dwarf, new series

BAZ

Gonna give it a miss, season 3-6 of red dwarf was awesome, I think (IMHO) that as soon as they found red dwarf and all the crew was resurrected, apart from the odd episode, it all went down hill.

I suppose it depends who has written and/or produced it. If it goes back to it's roots it will be great.

If not, I'll watch it anyway.

The trailer looked promising.

I agree. Since Rob Grant stopped co-writing with Doug Nailer after series 6, it hasn't been the same. The least said about "Back to earth" the better.

I only watched series 1-3 maybe 4. Then it all started getting a little daft and never watched it since.

I had no idea they got to series 10 until the other week!

Some of the reruns they had on Dave the other week made us chuckle, though... :D

Might give it another go.

Edited by 8472

I only watched series 1-3 maybe 4. Then it all started getting a little daft and never watched it since.

I had no idea they got to series 10 until the other week!

Some of the reruns they had on Dave the other week made us chuckle, though... :D

Might give it another go.

Im looking forward to it too.

Me & the wife watched a few old episodes on Dave one Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago and had forget how funny it was at times :)

Guest Bryndalf

Think I have them all on DVD...used to have them all (available) on VHS before that :)

And read the books, which are great and slightly different to the TV show.

There was supposed to be a film but I think it got binned before production started.

The trailers look ok, new CGI effects for red dwarf. Pity they couldn't do that to the crew though as they are looking a bit older and broader :D

Can't wait for these new episodes.

I had the entire series on DVD but it got damaged. :( I must get them again.

Is it wrong that I laughed more at the season 4 episodes that Dave showed afterwards?

I said I wasn't going to watch it but changed my mind, not too sure if that was a good idea or not?

Will give it a few more weeks!

warched it , i reckon it was better than rd9 butvstill has a way to g I agree daz rd4 was better but could that be down to nostalgia, im not sure.