• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Darks

Sheila

Am attempting to build up darks library!

I know most good imaging is in the winter so can anyone suggest (as they have to be at same ISO Temp and exposure)

what would be good sets to start with. I am going to use the fridge (and dont laugh) so i can build up a few.

which ISO is the most common to use for DSO's then i can build in exposure times and temps from there. It will give me a start and then i can build from it

I am trying to save a little time when imaging and I know they should be taken at same time but this seems reasonable to start

Sheila

800iso

and I know it goes against all common writing but I have found a few degs either way has not made a great deal of difference with my images with DSLR

with ccd thats a different matter all together until recently I've not done them,but now I've got a good few dead pixels showing up I'm thinking about starting (or dithering the image a bit so they stack out)

@mike yes earlier in post i said bout exposures.

Sheila

noel cheers for that, at the moment i am scrabbling to find a thermometer as I have to use small fridge that we keel the drink in :lol:

Sheila