• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Android and iOS

T A WOW

Hello.

Is there any chance that this site could possibly be made android and iOS friendly so I can put on photos. I've no idea what this entails but it would be great.

If I'm being dumb and it already is, could someone tell me how to on my iPad/android phone.

Thanks

Hey just download tapatalk app from AppStore and access the forum that way. Allows image upload and all other things. Very quick and easy. 90% of the time I am on EMS it's via my iPhone using tapatalk.

Edited by catman161

Felix hit the nail on the head. For uploading images from a smart phone, the best way is probably Tapatalk.

iOS - http://itunes.com/app/tapatalk

Android - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&feature=search_result

Blackberry - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/46654?lang=en

It's not that expensive for any of the above.

:)

If you don't want to buy tapatalk, you can always change browser mode to desktop and all the features work on my phone by doing that, including the shoutbox :lol:

My blackberry crashes if u don't use mobile mode on my phone, that's probably says more about blackberrys tho. :)

My blackberry crashes if u don't use mobile mode on my phone, that's probably says more about blackberrys tho. :)

You're with the wrong fruit Dave, apples are always better ;)

I know, I've got a free upgrade soon so will switch over to an iphone probably.

I know, I've got a free upgrade soon so will switch over to an iphone probably.

Perfect timing-iPhone 5 you lucky man! However I have the 4S and have installed iOS 6 on it and it functions like the iPhone 5 :)

Perfect timing-iPhone 5 you lucky man! However I have the 4S and have installed iOS 6 on it and it functions like the iPhone 5 :)

Ditto.

Thanks to that, I see no reason to upgrade. :)

I upgraded my iPad 3 to iOS6. My battery now only seems to last half as long as it did before. After looking at a few apple forums I don't seem to be alone. Hopefully the next update will sort it out again.

Worth getting an iPhone5 as an upgrade from an iPhone4 though?

Worth getting an iPhone5 as an upgrade from an iPhone4 though?

From a 4, maybe. The iPhone 5 will feel like a good upgrade, speed-wise, but of course iOS6 works on a 4.

From a 4S, I'm not so sure.

From a 4, maybe. The iPhone 5 will feel like a good upgrade, speed-wise, but of course iOS6 works on a 4.

From a 4S, I'm not so sure.

I agree Craig not from a 4S but perhaps from a 4 if you've got a free upgrade coming up. I (personally) wouldn't pay to upgrade. That's just my opinion though. Is up to you Dan :)

Im happy to hang onto my 4 for a while yet. If I get the 5 it will be on PAYG as I love my giffgaff sim only deal (250 mins, unlimited texts / internet) for £10/month.

That giff gaff deal sounds a bit awesome dan!

When you say unlimited Internet, is there a small print "acceptable usage" clause?

As I was once on an "unlimited" Internet deal however in the small print this unlimited Internet deal had an acceptable usage clause of 750MB per month limit. My fault in first place for not reading the small print. But every byte over that "unlimited 750MB" was, of course at a cost! But when it's billed as unlimited, I think it's fair for one to think that it is, in fact unlimited! Lol!

Yes its unlimited, however, there are a few people who take the pi$$ and get barred.

I watch a fair bit of TV on the go on my iPhone and have on a couple months used around 2gb with no problems.

PM me if you fancy joining as I think we both get £5 credit free if I help you join ;)

I was just wondering Dan. I'm tied in to my contract for long time yet and have a 1 gig deal on that contract. Suits me for now. Thanks for the info though.