• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Question

cosmic dave

If you could do an evenings stargazing from anywhere in our solar system where would you go and why ? (Your super human for the night so no air needed and your radiation and crush proof)

I would go and sit on one of Jupiter's moons.

To sit there and watch that incredible planet up close. <_<

Either one of Jupiters moons or saturns moons. Probably saturn, as I've not seen it yet. What about you cosmic dave. Where would you go?

How about our moon and looking back at earth, that has got to be worth a go

Nix or Hydra ... I'm just weird like that :)

bit far out there stephen, and not even a planet near

Sheila

Guest Kheldar

bit far out there stephen, and not even a planet near

Sheila

What can I say, I'm just a sitting on the edge staring out into the abyss sort of guy!

I think it would have to be Mars. I could also give the rover a nudge to get it back out of that crater it's stuck in.

I'd have to go with Pluto just to give it a little pat saying "there there, being a planet's not all its cracked up to be anyway.Besides TNO's are so in right now!" :)

Saturn for me, Jupiter is great, but Saturn has real beauty. I would want to see for myself just how thick the ring system is.

If not just restricted to the Solar system, then how about just above the centre of the milky Way, and looking out all around the entire disc, that would be pic of the month.

I would go and sit on one of Jupiter's moons.

To sit there and watch that incredible planet up close. <_<

Im with Graham on this one :)

If not just restricted to the Solar system, then how about just above the centre of the milky Way, and looking out all around the entire disc, that would be pic of the month.

Watch out for the black hole there Martyn ;)

The dwarf planet, Pluto. I want to see the tiny blue dot the same way Voyagers did.

well ive got to go for europa, but would Saturns rings be naked eye from there ? :huh:

Think I'd have a stroll round the asteroid belt getting views and pics of all objects from all angles :)

The centre of the far side of the moon when it is full as seen from earth.

Because it might just be a bit darker than Belper at that time :D .