• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

2" adaptor help for my 300p Dob

Guest Fluke

The focuser on my second hand Dob should have come with 2 adaptors, a 2" and a 1.2".

The seller says he lost the 2" one and at the time I didn't think it would be a problem to get a replacement...

So far neither RVO or FLO have been able to help.

Can anyone help as I really want to start my 2" eye piece collection?

Thanks, Dan

Will have a word with the mother in law - She has got one with her 130P, I`m sure she is using the 1.25 inch adapter to use with her Badder Hyperion zoom but can't remember, will check and let you know.

Edited by Daz type-r

Cheers Daz. Im not 100% sure though if the focuser aperture / adapter size is the same on the sizes smaller than a 300p. Does anyone know? RVO gave me the impression that they are different.

Doh, theres all ways something isn't there?

Well I will see if I can get my hands on it then you can at least try.

Will have a word with the mother in law - She has got one with her 130P, I`m sure she is using the 1.25 inch adapter to use with her Badder Hyperion zoom but can't remember, will check and let you know.

baader hyperion is 1.25" daz

Yes, but I am running mine with a 2" adapter on as it is much more stable in the focuser.

When I used the 1.25" adapter, it wobbled about all over the place, did not feel sturdy at all.

Edited by Daz type-r

yeah it is a bit like that I must admit, but with the 2" i have trouble tightening the screws as they are very close to adapter

Sheila

I'm with Daz on this one I go with the 2 inch adaptor using the Hyperion zoom. Just feels far more stable.

Mine came with it. Assuming you can buy them seperate, no idea where from, Badder themselves??????

Sort of... Thats what RVO sold me but it didn't fit the aperture left by removing the 1.25" adaptor.

I've contacted Optical Vision direct on your suggestion and they're going to sell me one to be certain I get the right size :)

are you still looking for this adapter? is it the one that fits in the hole larger than a 2" fitting? if so i have one knocking about as i changed the fitting on my 300p to be the standard 2" one when i got my Coma kit for my 130pds

You won't be disappointed Craig, probably one of the most versatile quality eyepieces on the market.

They deliver great views of pretty much every object out there. I don't know anyone not happy with them.