• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Do you like heights?

Craig

Lets face it, if you fall off that, you have a while to contemplate your fate.

I get a nose bleed just watching it.

I would only do that climb if I had a B.A.S.E jumping rig on my back-would be an awesome jump. Have to go straight into a flat track away from tower to get clear opening space though :)

I hate heights except I love flying and I'm fine on solid ground like cliffs etc, but ladders.... No way! Nor scaffolding etc.

Same here, spent many years Hang gliding and microlighting.

Heights when flying are fine...but i cannot do ladders etc.

The video made my stomach clench....as well as other parts. :mellow:

I can't even do that lift thing at the space centre in leicester ! Had to take the stairs back down. Lol heights make me really dizzy....

Guest Rooster

Is this an age thing? As a kid I loved to walk along the precipice of bridges, I liked the "hair on the back of my neck" thing as I stood on the edge of a cliff... Even got ear-holed for climbing on the outside of the Blackpool Tower birdsnest!

Once I got to 40 ish this all went out the window.... Now I feel sick looking over top of an escalator in asda! :wacko:

Watched that video loads of times, and it still turns my stomach

I,ve been affraid of heights since the day I fell to the ground, slipping off a ladder.

OK it was the bottom rung (all of 10 inches from the ground)

Still ended up in hospital and my arm in a sling

Holding onto an arm full of roof tiles when I fell did,nt help the cause

Guest Tweedledum

OOer-missus, can you imagine H&S in this country allowing free climbing. I notice one of the follow on vids is the cn tower, walked on the outside of that a couple of times..It was bloomin windy.

Edited by Tweedledum

No. Do not show this again!!!!

For a real laugh someone should do a hacked version where they fall off. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Ouch