• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

Guest Bryn g

Guest Bryn g

Hi everyone,

Looking at becoming a member and would love to come to the next meeting.

I've been using bins for about a year and now I've got more spare time I'm thinking of buying a telescope

So would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Bryn

Welcome to the forum Bryan.

Ask your questions in the Beginners section and I'm sure you will get lots of help.

Hi Bryn and a warm welcome to EMS :)

You'd be very welcome to join us at an observing session either with or without a scope. Keep an eye on the EMS Meets thread on the Info and Announcements board - especially weekends. We all like to share the views with our gear. Meantime enjoy the forum and ask any questions you like in the Beginners Section - someone will be along with an answer soon :)

Guest Bryn g

I live in Spondon so can easily get to both sites. I would love to come on Saturday,

Just let me know the details and I'll see some of you there.

Thanks

Bryn

Details and directions will be posted in the meeting thread on the day Bryn - depends on which location and which day. Also please be aware any meeting can be cancelled at very short notice due to weather conditions. Check the threads late afternoon/early evening on Sat :)

Details and directions will be posted in the meeting thread on the day Bryn - depends on which location and which day. Also please be aware any meeting can be cancelled at very short notice due to weather conditions. Check the threads late afternoon/early evening on Sat :)

Cancelled? We usually go still even if it's dodgy :P, a good social at Belper goes down well :) Well maybe if its heavy rain it might get cancelled :lol:

Hi Bryn, a warm welcome to EMS.

Don't rush into buying a scope, come along and have a look at what might suit your eye and your pocket.

Bino's are a great tool, and I use mine with the scope, it helps when star hopping.

Any questions, shout up and someone will be there to help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Guest Bryn g

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'll be coming along to belper tomorrow night, hopefully get to look at a few different telescopes.

I look forward to meeting some of you

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'll be coming along to belper tomorrow night, hopefully get to look at a few different telescopes.

I look forward to meeting some of you

Can you make our first star party a week on Saturday, there is still time to book?

Guest Bryn g

Can you make our first star party a week on Saturday, there is still time to book?

Thanks for the invite but I'm busy next weekend, maybe next time