• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another Bubble

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Seeing as Mike gave me the idea (and I really couldn't be bothered to work out what to image!) I was chasing the Bubble at Belper too :)

22x600s OSC : quick process, I'll hand the stack over to Sheila/Perkil8r to process properly for me :P

Click through (I think) for full size.

2bd4760e-7c74-46ef-9214-6f2304492575_thumb.png

like this one!!! maybe you can let me have the files, but dont think i can improve on it

Sheila

Guest Kheldar

Nice indeed. Still getting those hot pixels I see??

Umm yes, why wouldn't I? They're not going to magically disappear! :)

Still not fathomed out how to get Nebulosity do remove them like DSS, but as I say this was just a quick process again.

I expect better from you two when I pass the stack on!

Hahaha I doubt it! You're the experienced one out of us 3 ;) Would darks not remove the hot pixels? In your M33 I cheated a bit and used a clone brush to get rid of them ;)

Guest Kheldar

Hahaha I doubt it! You're the experienced one out of us 3 ;) Would darks not remove the hot pixels? In your M33 I cheated a bit and used a clone brush to get rid of them ;)

Don't swear at me! Bloody darks!!!!!

Software will remove them in the stacking process if used correctly. The Atik doesn't need darks.

Clone brush just as good an option though :)

Guest Kheldar

Saying that, I should really use bias frames and they would also clear the hot pixels :blush:

Also need to buy a flat panel, might have to talk nice to Santa!

I think you need dark frame/stack in nebulosity and then you can make bad pixel map for camera, this is then a master dark/bad pixel map and can be altered with sliders to accomodate other exposures as well i think so no more darks needed. You then dont do dark subtraction as its not needed. Just use bad pixel map. No more darks yay!!! And it does not put any noise in when removinf pixels. nice little tool. It dont leave any holes where bad pixels were.

Sheila

why confused, one stack of darks for camera, use these to produce bad pixel map. once you have bad pixel map it can be adjusted to suit any other variables next time you image.

One size fits all, not more darks. Thats how i understood it. but i could be wrong. Or is me not explaining very well

Sheila