• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from near Lincon

Astro Muppet

Hi everyone

I'm David and I have recently caught the Astronomy Bug.

After buying a Skywatcher Startravel 102, (primarily for nature and watching ships at the coast), I now really enjoy quiet nights in the garden viewing the stars and trying to navigate the various constellations.

I am sure I will get good advice on any future expansion of my kit and after reading some of the forum you are a very friendly group.

Not sure if you will get many posts from me as I am a bit of a techno novice and have kids and only one computer.

Apologies for daft questions I will most likely be asking in the future.

David

PS Forum name chosen by the kids.

Hi and welcome to EMS,

Plenty of good advice here, so ask away in the beginners section and I'm sure you will get loads of positive replies.

Hi David and a warm welcome to EMS :)

The only daft question is the one you didn't ask lol. We were all new to the hobby once and we all know how daunting it can be. Just pop up a question thread in the "beginners section" and someone will be along with an answer soon.

Enjoy the forum :)

only daft question is the one you don't ask. Should have seen some of mine. No one will mind here they are all helpful and friendly

Welcome to EMS

Sheila

Hello and welcome!

I hope you are withholding their pocket money as punishment for the name! :D

Hi David, warm welcome to EMS.

Had to laugh when I read the bit about your kids deciding on your sign on name,classic.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Regards,

Daz.

Welcome to EMS, love the name-kids eh?! Ha ha :)

My sign on name is a remnant of my school days.

Good to have you on board

Felix

Hello David, Lincoln is my old neck of the woods (waddington) where are you ? Oh and welcome.

Ps, you are more than welcome to pop over to say hi at this weekends starparty @ anderby. Only an hour from you.

Hi David, welcome to EMS, I'm just down the A15 from you at Cranwell. Ask away whenever you want!!