• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Light pollution

Guest Madatter

Guest Madatter

Ive had enough off the light pollution on my property so the letters in the post to the council, I'm not going to hold my breath but you never know.

The best way to get change is to get onboard with one of the light pollution campaigns. The biggest problem is that the general public do not understand why light pollution is a problem and dismiss it out of hand.

It's never going to make the political agenda. :(

Guest Madatter

Kinda enhanced by the thick clouds and reflective snow everywhere :P

The neighborer's and our property had to remove the trees early this year, the council wanted to renew the fence and retaining wall, so we have no cover now.

Best way to tackle the awarness problem is to point out the money saving potential ! Everyone likes to save money ;)

I have major LP and it's smack bang on my east side, so I have to wait a while for objects to move to be able to see them, this image is 'as is'...and the biggest polluter? The UNI! They have HUGE floodlights everywhere :(

LP.jpg

It's like that around my way as well. Can't wait till I retire then I'm moving to Norfolk. A little cottage near the coast in a really small village, so I can do Astronomy, bird watching and photography, simply heaven.

It's like that around my way as well. Can't wait till I retire then I'm moving to Norfolk. A little cottage near the coast in a really small village, so I can do Astronomy, bird watching and photography, simply heaven.

Scotland for me. I want to see the aurora, but remain in the UK.

It also has superb dark skies, wildlife and culture.

Heaven. :)

Yeah if money was no object I'd Go with Scotland also. Extremely dark, some amazing wildlife. I've always wanted to see a wild cat in Scotland, becoming quite rare now though. I saw a golden eagle in Scotland when I was younger.

We're going up to Scotland in Nov - if I can wangle two days extra holiday - Ft William for the Commando Vets get together. Hopefully we'll see some starry skies (if it doesn't rain constantly). :)

We're going up to Scotland in Nov - if I can wangle two days extra holiday - Ft William for the Commando Vets get together. Hopefully we'll see some starry skies (if it doesn't rain constantly). :)

I always wondered what vets wore under their tunics - now I know :o