• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A couple of bits.

Daz Type-R

1. A Phillips Planisphere, hardly ever used, even forgot I had it - £5.

2. A SkyWatcher 1.25" UHC filter, forgot I had ordered it (ordered from FLO nearly a year ago - arrived today!) just been opened the once to check it is sound, currently retail on FLO for £39, selling for £30, including postage if required.

If no takers after a few weeks, will try ABS.

Thanks for looking.

It shows you the constellations for which ever way you are facing for any date/time. Handy for learning the constellations but doesn't have much detail.

Hard to describe really, have a butchers on Amazon, they will have a better write up than what I can describe.

Basically offering it for free now so you have nothing to loose.

Basically offering it for free now so you have nothing to loose.

It looks like you can't give it away! :lol:

I haven't got one, but have heard so many people call it useless that I never wanted one.

I have managed to off the Planisphere and the filter is pending sale so mods please close when ready.

Thanks.

Everything has a use - well at least most things do. Lol.

Watch this space ;-)

You could convert it to a poopa scooper cazz I'm sure Fido will be pleased :lol:

You could convert it to a poopa scooper cazz I'm sure Fido will be pleased :lol:

Lol, with him i'm usually going round in circles. :-D

Hey, you lot - don't knock planispheres :P .

I agree they have had their day and have since been superseded by Stellarium and other programs and phone apps. etc.

Hundreds of years ago, as a child, I learned my way around the sky with a Phillips Planisphere. I still have that original one somewhere in a corner of the loft. And it will still do the job in a another hundred years without batteries or wires. And as previously pointed out, it will dual as a pooper scooper, so good value. It's all plastic so will wash easily so you can still find the constellations :D .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.