• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from near mablethorpe

Guest chrishewett

Guest chrishewett

Hi,

Just getting back to stargazing, now I have time, at the grand age of 50 something.

I have a very little used skywatcher 200mm f/5.

I shall be asking for advice quite a lot in the next few weeks as I get set up though I will scan the forums first as I am sure a lot of answers are already there.

Best wishes to all,

Chris

Hi Chris, a warm welcome to EMS.

Ironic really, we have all just got back from a weekend at Manor Farm at Anderby, we had our first star party.

Never mind, you are here now, there are a great bunch of lads over your way, who meet at Gibraltar Point, keep an eye on the ELAC meetings, Iam sure you would be made very welcome.

Is you scope a Dob, or EQ mounted one? Either way, it's a good time to dust it off, there are some lovely objects up there.

Any questions, feel free to ask away, you will get a answer in short order.

Enjoy the forum.

Guest chrishewett

Thanks for the welcomes.

The scope has a EQ4 mount. I have just fitted the motor drive and ordered some D cells and charger. I have never used a motor drive so looking forward to it.

No doubt I will be needing loads of other items so it's good to have experienced people to advise.

Chris

Welcome to EMS Chris, I'm one of the East Lincs Astronomy Club (ELAC) we meet monthly at the nature centre at Gibralter Point. There are 4-6+ of us who meet so keep an eye on the 'meetings' thread. You will be made most welcome :)

Hi Chris and welcome.

As said, we've just literally had our star party at Anderby which is not too far. I am very envious of your dark skies.

hi chris

i too have 200mm scope same as yours, and am 50 something so we have some in common. onlybeen doing astro bout 12 weeks now.

Welcome to EMS

Sheila

Hi Chris and welcome. As Ron says, you would be most welcome to join us at our monthly meetings at Gibraltar Point.

Hi Chris and a warm welcome to EMS :)

You've got a great start with the 200mm at f-5 - any questions just fire up a post in the help secions and somone will be along with an answer soon. Meantime enjoy our forum :)

Hello from sutton on sea chris, why don't you pop down to our next elac meeting at gib point ? Where abouts near Mabo are you ?

David

Welcome to EMS Chris.

Ask as many questions as you want, it's not a problem.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Guest chrishewett

I would like to turn up at Gib sometime ( I used to have a small yacht there) but can't drive for a few more months ( don't ask) so have to rely on my son for lifts.

I am at Maltby le marsh, nice and dark in my back garden!

Chris

I would like to turn up at Gib sometime ( I used to have a small yacht there) but can't drive for a few more months ( don't ask) so have to rely on my son for lifts.

I am at Maltby le marsh, nice and dark in my back garden!

Chris

Have u got a big back garden ? Maybe we have a new site for ems2 lol

• 4 weeks later...