• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

We all love a bargain.

oldfruit

I was walking past one of the local charity shops and this little gem caught my eye. The seat can be adjusted from 60 cm high up to 80 cm high. Seemed too good a bargain to pass up for a measly £4 and should make my observing time that little bit more comfortable.

Hardly shiny new kit but i am pleased with it all the same.

That's a cracking bargain Mark, it will save your back no end and make it a lot more enjoyable.

Good one mate!

That looks just like one I've got, except the seats rather tatty on mine

The seat on this one aint nothing special, i am thinking of knocking up a plastic cover for it.

One fault I've found with this type is that the feet sink into soft ground, you need to put something underneath them.

I know a guy that might be able to weld a bar across the front feet and back feet which should help and also improve overall stability.

Nice find and a great buy :)

If you're sinking into soft ground then so will your scope too - ruining polar alignment - I reckon you'll not be on soft ground at all - allways pitch the scope on firm and the chair will look after itself lol - just a thought :)

The ground doesn't have to be that soft, the chair feet are a lot smaller than the feet of a tripod and I weigh considerably more than my scope set up. ;)

• 2 weeks later...