• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

webcam Jupiter from EMS1

red dwalf

had a go with the webcam at Jupiter while at EMS1,

used a 880 wecam with a baader moon and skyglow filter attached, 1 minute 30 seconds of avi`s at 10 fps, captured with sharpcap and processed with registax.

jup6.jpg

jup4.jpg

jup3.jpg

jup12102012234926.jpg

jup2a.jpg

Edited by red dwalf

thanks Steve, was trying to use a 2 x barlow with a flip mirror but still had alot of trouble trying to get the image on to the chip

i think the first and second ones came out best, had a good play with registax using best frames and best percentages, also used histrogram streach.

Whoah, that's awesome detail in the belts Rob!!!! For only one and a half minutes of footage that's spectacular. Well done! Thanks for sharing :)

Right that's motivated me to get my scope sorted pronto so I can get the webcam out :)

Nice one Rob, when we were looking at it in the tent on the laptop it looked good then - very nicely done!

cheers, i might have another go at the processing with photoshop, but with my limited knowledge of it i can`t see me getiing much more out of this,

i`m very tempted to get the webcam astronomised with a mono chip, cost is £60 which seems reasonable to me and it`s the same chip as in the dmk 21, Andy from astronomiser says that the mono chip is 4 x as sensitive as the colour, only down side is that it will only so 10 fps max without compression but the dmk cameras can go upto 60 fps, but they do cost 3 x times the price !

Edited by red dwalf

Thanks mick, I think my processing is getting alittle better in registax.

Eddy I took these fairly early on in the evening, should have waited till Jupiter was higher in the sky but it was alittle cold and I couldn't wait