• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Watched a great film tonight....

Doc

Watched Prometheus tonight.

I was impressed, a very enjoyable film. Started a bit slow but finished brilliantly.

Anyone else seen it?

Watched it at the cinema in 3D, loved it. Gonna watch it again when i get around to buying it.

Loved Alien and Aliens, they should not of made any more Alien films after the second one, they were dire and each one got worse.

So I had high hopes when Ridley Scott was getting in on this, high hopes that the back story of the origins of the species was going to be answered, but I'm not too sure.

They have left the door open for yet another prequel to Alien, but a part two to Prometheus.

I'm not sure about this film, but I don't think it was as bad as Alien 3 onwards.

Enjoyed it, but the hype was a bit much and it did not live up to expectations.

Will be interesting to see the alternate beginning and ending on the dvd release.

I enjoyed Prometheus but the the idea that a woman can do all that after a C section didn't help with the suspension of disbelief.

Where do I start with my criticisms?

Wait... I don't have to. Here's a review that somebody posted for me! :P

PROMETHEUS Plot holes AND IRRITATIONS ***SPOILERS***

1. The dreams sequence. David can watch Shaw's dreams. Amazingly this technology also cuts from scene to scene like a movie camera...Please. No one dreams like that.

2. How did they randomly find the temple so quick? This is an entire planet surface!

3. Why was the landing so soft and easy?

4. Why does Fifield start screaming at Shaw like that? Calm down mate..jeez..And later on with an Alien cobra he is cool as ice.

5. Why does that moron Buddy Holly scientist try and touch the cobra alien? not once....not twice...but 3 TIMES!!!

6. Why on earth would a scientist remove their helmets in a possibly infected temple? I am just a civilian and even I understand the concept of VIRUS CONTAMINATION ON AN ALIEN FRIGGIN PLANET. They then have the cheek to talk about Shaw's strict quarantine fail-safe procedures...please

7. What does this Black Goo do exactly? Accelerate worm growth? Infect crew members? Cause pregnancies? Create life? Pick one and stick to it please

8. Why does Ford straight away start giving the head electricity for kicks? Do they not have procedures? What is this fun with Frankenstein?

9. Why does the head explode?

10. Why are the medical staff so damn careless with a possibly disease ridden and bacteria infested decapitated head? I swear they didn't even wear plastic gloves.

11. How did Shaw know the Jockey was heading to Earth to destroy it? Pretty big assumption from a couple of punches thrown.

12. How does David know the Space Jockey is heading to kill Shaw on the Medical Bay?

13. How does Shaw know her baby will attack the Jockey?

14. i was really amazed that Shaw has this 'baby' but fails to mention the horrific and super extraordinary situation she had just been through. ''oh hey guys, ha ha, nearly forgot. FYI, you won't believe what just happened to me on the way here''....''i just gave birth to an alien..'' ''yeah, i know CRAZY right, considering i had sex only 10 BLOODY HRS AGO!!''

15. -The whole Vickers' Star Wars 'Father' line...

16. -The 'bet' between the co-pilots was cringe-worthy

17. HUGE ONE…How the hell does Shaw walk after abdominal surgery? If abdominal muscle is cut you can NOT walk, the muscle needs to be sewn back…But no, a few staples and she is good to go…

18. Why does the tentacle creature have tentacles from the evil Planet X?

19. Why do the space jockeys allow any old tramp to walk in an use their security systems?

20. Why does the space jockey want to kill, kill and kill…You'd think an advanced race would be a little civilised?

21. What was the point of Guy Pearce as Weyland? Why was he even there? So he just assumed this temple would contain a fountain of life…..right….I guess he 'chose to believe' too…f**k me…

:lol: Awesome review, crap film.

Craig it's not real, it's entertainment.

Who cares about all that, just enjoy it for a film with special effects.

Guest BigTfromNotts

Ridley Scott directed Alien, James Cameron directed Alien 2.

IMO Alien 2 was far superior and the the best of the franchise.

Ridley Scott directed Prometheus. Enough said

Personally i think the first Alien film was the best.

I did not enjoy the follow on's at all.

Still think "Close encounters" is the best si fi :)