• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from South Norfolk

Guest Mr T

Hi all,

Nick & Ian in Altair Astro recommended your forum to me when I perusing the gear in their shop last week, saying you are a friendly & knowledgable group, I thought I would take their advice (which is usually pretty good) and sing up. So hello from South Norfolk.

Mark

Hello Mark, welcome to EMS. :-)

Everyone is very helpful and friendly here, i've learnt everything I know from these guys. :-)

hi Mark,

welcome to EMS, altair are right bout this lot. Very friendly and lots of knowledge. Only started just over 12 weeks ago and they have me imaging fairly successfully already as well as the initial visual help they gave me. You have come to the right place

Sheila

I'm about 14 miles south of Norwich in a rural village - no street lights. I've been doing this sport for 2 to 3 years and it's quite a steep learning curve, and great fun.

Welcome Mark. Sounds as though you have the ideal place to practice this hobby :)

I live right in the middle of leicester city-street light central :(

Thanks for the welcomes. The sky is pretty dark here, I can see The Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy with naked eye if the moon is not too bright. I have learn't where to position myself in the garden so that bushes etc block out next door's outside lights.

Hi mark and welcome from a damp Lincolnshire, at least you won't have far to travel for the star parties at Kelling Heath!!