• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The end of the world is upon us!

Craig

Either that, or the Mayans just ran out of slab for their calendar. :rolleyes:

/>http://news.discovery.com/space/two-months-left-until-the-doomsday-nonevent-121021.html

Does anybody here believe in this nonsense? (sort of a leading question, having just called it nonsense!)

For some reason, people really want to remind the world that today (Oct. 21) marks two months before the biggest nonevent in recent history. Even more perplexing is the fact that others seem to really want the world to end in 61 days time.

If the doomsayers are to be believed, on Dec. 21, 2012, the Universe will unleash a maelstrom of inexplicable fiery carnage on our planet. At best, we'll undergo some kind of rapid planetary change; at worst, a weird cosmic alignment will cause the sun to turn the planet, and all of civilization with it, into toast.

always live today as if it was going to be your last, make friends and treat everyone nice. Then if it turns out to be right

you won't have any regrets :-)

Sheila

but no the predictions are all rubbish

Guest BigTfromNotts

Hmm. Do I spend money on Xmas presents or not? Would hate to think that I could have spent it all on myself. Maybe I should wait and see if there is a 22nd of December before I start Xmas prezzie buying.

:)

Hmm. Do I spend money on Xmas presents or not? Would hate to think that I could have spent it all on myself. Maybe I should wait and see if there is a 22nd of December before I start Xmas prezzie buying.

You have a valid excuse though Tony when you explain why you have not bought anybody anything!

Guest Kheldar

Sorry ... you start shopping before Dec 24th? :facepalm:

I saw a reporter interviewing Mayan's, and they think it's hilarious that someone has even come up with this. Their calendar goes in cycles, and when it gets to the end, it starts all over again.

It's like does the world end when you have eaten all the chocolate Christmas decorations out of the advent calendar?