• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M31 central with 32

philjay

Finally sorted my CGE mount, regreased the other month, rewired to get rid of silly cat5 patch cables,re polar aligned last night, it now looks a serious mount so does it work serious?

This was a test for response to guiding and I must admit it werent bad at all, the best Ive had for ages actually :)

I chose an easy subject but messed framing up after a meridian flip so hence the strange cropping, also my Red channel must have been slightly fuzzy.

Anyrode excuses over, heres M31 central plus M32 through the FLT98 with WO MK4 reducer flattener and Atik 314L

Its LRGB with an hour of each no binning. Max sub lengths 4 minutes

Hope it shows OK on your monitors, it looks different on either of my 2 so had to settle on one

Hmm after converting to jpeg and posting on here the colour looks strange, more blue and darker :unsure: , oh well Ill leave it for now, gonna have a glass of vino plonko to celebrate

PPS couldnt leave it as blue as that so toned it down a bit

Edited by philjay

nice dust lanes phil. Core very bright but then it always is with M31. Mine was too.

Nice one

Sheila

Thanks folks

Yep Sheila the core is a bit much but I was trying to pull as much out as poss in other areas, its easy to overcook the core on this object