• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi to you all!

Guest Lone wolf

Guest Lone wolf

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to astronomy and would greatly appreciate advice on getting started with imaging. Had several attempts but not quite got the scope set up properly yet. Finding it all a bit mind boggling :unsure:

Hi Julie and welcome to EMS.

We have loads of imagers here who I'm sure would be only too happy to help you out.

What gear do you have currently? :)

Hi Julie and a warm welcome to EMS :)

As above - there are plenty of imagers at all levels here who are happy to help. If you have any questions at all just pop it up in a thread in the "Beginners Section" and someone will be along with an answer soon. Meantime enjoy the forum :)

welcome to EMS from a newbie imager. What kit do you have it will help with the advice the more experienced imagers give you.

Only think i can say is deep pockets are useful LOL

Sheila

Hi Julie, a warm welcome to EMS.

If you are able, feel free to come along to one of the meets. First visit is free, to see if it suits you, and annual subs are twenty pounds.

We two dark sites, one at Belper and one at Sawley near J24 of the M1.

Ask away with any questions, someone will be along to help.

In the meantime enjoy the forum.

Hi Julie, welcome to EMS. My mind has been well and truly boggled too, but the peeps here have helped me to unboggle it, things make much more sense now. ;-)

Guest Lone wolf

Nice to meet you all and thanks for such a warm welcome.

I own a Skwatcher 200P with a HEQ5 mount and a Canon 550D camera. I agree deep pockets would be helpful (something which I don't have), but this set up was courtesy of the husband's credit card and of course ebay!!

I live in Ashbourne and would love to attend one of the meetings.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Hi there

just started in imaging too, made loads of errors so talk to me and I can perhaps help you not to make the same

ones LOL All a bit daunting but this lot are friendly and helpful. Even if if they do take the mick out of me

sometimes. (female/blonde thing)

Welcome

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...