• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New SW 127 mak

Guest twintin

Guest twintin

Well new to me anyway. Had a reply to a wanted add on astrobuy & sell from a great guy called Jeff. Picked up a Skywatcher 127 (black diamond) OTA with 2" focuser, schott glass, right angle finder a couple of eyepieces, vixen rail and abs hard case all in excellent condition for a fantastic price of £130! I am so chuffed :D . Obviousley it shall now remain cloudy ad infinitum!!!! Big thanks to Jeff if your reading this top chap :D

Congratulations, it's excellent to find exactly what you want. So you're to blame for this rain lol. ;-)

Guest twintin

Well i couldnt wait. So with a 10 minute window of opportunity last night, i ran into the garden and pointed it at Jupiter (which rises just above the streetlight!) threw in a 20mm eyepiece....and wow what an instant improvement over the etx90! Jupiter sitting pretty with 4 moons in a line...Awesome. I just had time to fiddle with the right angle finder to get it reasonably lined up before the clouds rushed in :angry: Can't wait for a proper go with a bit of cool down time and maybe a bit of webcamming :D Happy Bunny time