• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Half Hearted IC1805 Belper 2nd Nov 2012

Perkil8r

Thought I would try something different, my lack of goto really does tell on this image. I am very pleased that the work I have done to restore my mount appears to have been very successful as I think you may be able to tell from the image. I seem to have trouble with processing this for some reason, maybe tiredness.

Details:

Scope: st80

Mount: EQ5 unguided.

Camera: Modded Canon 350d with CLS Clip filter.

Exposures: 183 x 100secs @ iso 800

Processing: Stacked in DSS, process in PS5.

Final stack: 164 x 100 sec subs with flats and darks.

Taken at Belper dark site.

Autosave.jpg

really nice mike as I know you had trouble with the position of this. Well done. had more luck than i did!!!

Sheila

Thats from an st80! Wow. The colour is excellent for that scope, did you have any filters on it, no blobby bluevstars associated with short achros, thats really good

Thats from an st80! Wow. The colour is excellent for that scope, did you have any filters on it, no blobby bluevstars associated with short achros, thats really good

Just the CLS Clip filter. Mr Blobby caused a wee bit of gradient which was handled by grad-x. The stars do take a bit of managing in the processing, but I am getting the knack of that now. Really enjoying pushing the kit to the limits and beyond to tell the truth. Rather pleasing to know such cheap set ups can get half decent pictures.