• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What have you asked Santa for?

Doc

Well I've asked him for a new Skywatcher focuser to replace the bog standard one that 300P's are sold with. Also a Astrozap light Shroud, hopefully this will keep out unwanted stray light that my annoying neighbours lights produce.

How about you guys?

Probably nothihg astro - a couple of blurays and a box of choccies will do me - and maybe some nice cheese 'n' wine :)

A new AV 5.1 surround sound unit as my last one is dieing a slow, painfull crackly death, I flick from 5.1 to 3.1 to 0.0 while watching films, rather annoying!

I've asked for warm fishing trousers, camping mat and self inflating matress and some fingerless gloves that turn into mittens. Of course I've let him know what things I like the look of too, but I doubt he'll have enough money this year.

Iam asking for a 2" 26mm Sky Watcher Panoptic.

I have good service out of my cheap Adler, which I bought second hand, and over time it has been the one that suits me, and the scope best.

So a little upgrade may be in order.

I'm going to attempt to save up to buy Waynes C8 off him, so that I can get him a 300p for his Birthday. I will delete this bit if he reads the forum. ;-)

So i've asked Santa for a contribution to wards it. :-)