• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 10th Nov....

Celeste

I put the scope out last night, had several issues with the mount (turning itself off and on again randomly, alt bolts not holding wobbly head) But I did manage to get some frames of Jupiter. Quick and dirty, but I did manage to get 2 moons in too :)

Used the 150P-DS, Tal x3 barlow with an SPC900

Jupiter2moons2.jpg

Nothing dirty about that-that's a great shot! I spent a while observing Jupiter last night from a spot in Daventry-seeing was great!

Lovely image, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks guys, it took some effort to get this I can tell you lol

Wow thats brilliant, how many frames was it?

1500 frames Eddy :)

Stunning shot considering the difficulties you had, it is exposed perfectly on both planet and moons, as I said before stunning.

great photo nicky.I was viewing Jupiter last night but was having problems with camera switching on/off.I hope one day I can take a Jupiter photo as good as that.stunning.bet that put big grin on your face :-)

What software do you use for processing Nicky?

I used registax Craig

One thing I am wondering about, Stellarium has the red spot showing at the time I took this, so why didn't I catch it?

I used registax Craig

One thing I am wondering about, Stellarium has the red spot showing at the time I took this, so why didn't I catch it?

I think you have caught it but apparently it's not so red at the moment and decreasing in size, I think its on the big middle band where you have a bit of swirls

I'm wishing I had of put the mak on instead.....but I was really narked with the mount I didn't think :angry: