• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Monk Optics 25 x 100 Binos plus Velbon D600 Tripod

philjay

Hi I have for sale a superb pair of Monk Optics 25 x 100 Observer binoculars

These are no longer supplied by Monk but the 2008 S@N review of the 25x80s had them ahead of other makes for performance.

The objectives are 100mm dia and are nicely coated showing a light green tint from certain angles.

The eyepieces are 25 mag and are individually focused unlike smaller conventional binos where you have a central focus nob.

The binos arent heavy as such they are just a bit big so need supporting and they come complete with a Velbon D600 Tripod plus Velbon Pro PH 368 Fluid Pan & Tilt Head.

The combo makes a very effective astro, birding or watching ships go by combo :)

Binos and tripod are in superb almost new condition. The only thing missing is the ali case for the binos, the case wasnt with the binos when they came into my possession

The binos used to sell for £290 ish and there is easily £80 - 90 worth of tripod

I would prefer to sell the combo all together and not split so I am selling them at a cut my own throat price of £220 to EMS members, collect or collect from an EMS meet.

Ive been using these as a great grab and go set up and saturday night I took them out for a quick look around as I was too tired to set up fully in the obs.

The 25 mag makes nice work of M5 showing the globular form easily and thats a small globular. M31 Andromeda Galaxy, wow :o its just massive and really bright through these, I can honestly say I have never seen another view like this through any scope even with binoviewers and M110 is really bright. Auriga Clusters M36,37 & 38 are a joy to behold and are dead bright with M35 only upstaged by the shear beauty of M45 the Pleiades. M45 just glows with the main stars like jewels and accompanied by loads of other stars which I never knew existed.

Anyrode, thats enough of the waxing lyrical, these are stunning binos and from experience are better performers than the Skywatcher and Revelation equivalents, on a par with the Celestrons I reckon.

I may split but not just yet as I am advertising on EMS 1st for a week, before going nationwide :) on UKABS and other forums

Cheers

Phil

PS Remember the film short circuit? with Johnny Five, picture 2 looks just like him :D

Edited by philjay

The 25 mag makes nice work of M5 showing the globular form easily and thats a small globular. M31 Andromeda Galaxy, wow :o its just massive and really bright through these, I can honestly say I have never seen another view like this through any scope even with binoviewers and M110 is really bright. Auriga Clusters M36,37 & 38 are a joy to behold and are dead bright with M35 only upstaged by the shear beauty of M45 the Pleiades. M45 just glows with the main stars like jewels and accompanied by loads of other stars which I never knew existed.

Anyrode, thats enough of the waxing lyrical,

You've got me interested :) .

Your totaliser would go into the red Mike, and you'd have fun attaching the camera :lol: .

Trouble is, my totaliser is already well into the red!!!! :D

Hi Kim just had a look on the Strathspeye site and their 25x100s look alot like the revelation / helios but cant be sure of the manufacturers by just the look these days. The Monks are Akin to the Celestron IMHO

Hi Phil,

I will leave the big binos to Felix, Kim and Dave or whoever.

I'm missing an absolute bargain I know, but it's just not the right time for me. My priority is for spending on the 10" SNT at the moment.

Did think very seriously though. Weighed all the pros and cons, as I always do :) .

Hope they stay in EMS and we see some observing reports with them. Felix is the man for that ;) .

Cheers,

Pete.

OK folks I'm gonna throw more temptation your way.

I would prefer to keep them in EMS so if you want the binos and not the tripod or visa versa I'm willing to split. (I also dont want the hassle of UKABS as I always seem to get the loonies for some reason)

Send me a pm if interested

Phil ( selling the shirt off my own back) Jay

Edited by philjay

OK folks I'm gonna throw more temptation your way.

I would prefer to keep them in EMS so if you want the binos and not the tripod or visa versa I'm willing to split. ( Ialso dont want the hassle of UKABS I always get the loonies for some reason)

Send me a pm if interested

Phil ( selling the shirt off my own back) Jay

Sorry dont know what happened there I pressed the wrong button

Edited by philjay

Sale pending :)

The tripod is still available, makes a nice platform for binos, small scope or even a camera funnily enough :D

Edited by philjay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.