• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Speed Tweaks

Craig

There have been complaints of speed issues the past few days.

I've made some changes to the forum configuration. Please keep an eye on the speed and let me know how you find it.

Cheers :)

Craig - seeing a massive speed increase when using the old rubbish I.E.7 that work insist we use but I sneaked Mozzilla Firefox on the works lappy yesterday and that was ok but today it is awesome!!!!

Nicely done - what ever you did!!!!!

:P:D:lol:

I'm getting fast performance as well (from work) so I'm assuming the problems are fixed and any slowdowns are external (unless I get loads of complaints all at once).

Not a speed issue but I've noticed the site is not remembering my log in.

Have you ticked the "remember me" tick box option at the log in screen?

Yes Daz, it's been getting worse over the last week, remembering it for a couple of days, then just a night and now I'm having to re-enter password every time I return to the site.

Hmmmmm, only other thing I can suggest is clearing your cache and history etc again, other than that, over to Craig to suggest anything else!

Yes Daz, it's been getting worse over the last week, remembering it for a couple of days, then just a night and now I'm having to re-enter password every time I return to the site.

Whilst I won't know the exact cause, I can confirm this isn't the site. The site doesn't actually remember anybody as it's dependant on whether a cookie has been stored on your machine. It's controlled on/by the machine.

Check your browser accepts cookies and if you are using any cleaning tools (e.g. CCleaner) make sure it's not wiping out cookies for the new web address. :)