• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Belper 17th November

Craig

I arrived at Belper at about 6:30pm, with Emma in the boot, and was first on site followed shortly by Eddy and Bill who arrived as I was setting up.

Although there had been some rain the humidity wasn't a huge problem and the seeing was remarkably good.

After some initial alignment problems (still selecting DST on the handset :facepalm:) I quickly set to observing Jupiter. I do it every time I observe, going straight for my favourite object in the night sky. The bands were lovely and clear and the moons space perfectly for some wide field viewing.

Next up were M57, M31, M45, M42 and several random open clusters shouted by Eddy. I was, once again, very pleased with the performance of the scope.

I called it a night at about midnight, Bill being the last man standing.

A thoroughly enjoyable night. :)

Very nice Craig.

I like random open clusters :) .

I really wish I hadn't been feeling so rough with this cold, and could have been there.