• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter with Io & Ganymede 17/11/12

tbird

Before setting of for Saturdays ELAC meeting I set the 150MAK up on the EQ6 at home so it would cooled ready to get some Jupiter images when I got back.

I think this is about the best I did. Io and Ganymede just visible.

SW 150 MAK on eq6, philips webcam, tal x2 barlow.

I was experimenting with settings and this was 90 second capture at 30fps with high gain. Best 10% of frames stacked in registax 6.

jupiterrs17_11_201223_42_09.jpg

Conditions had improved considerably by the time I got home, packed in about 6 in the morning.

This is a 150% resize in registax and is about as good as I've achieved so far. I'm going to try a x3 barlow next and see what I can get with that.

i like it, webcam imaging can be very addictive,

try bringing the fram rate down alittle, much more than 10 fps using a philips webcam and the data gets compressed and you can start to loose some of the data.

Excellent image.

The blow up of Ganymede is how Jupiter looks for me!

I would say you have an issue there then Martin!!! :blink:

I usually capture at 10fps but I was playing around with settings to get the moons. Tbh I'm not getting any better images at 10fps.

The feature you've spotted Nigel is a bit of dust on the scopes lens

The feature you've spotted Nigel is a bit of dust on the scopes lens

Doh, you should of kept that quiet and made out it was some storm etc, much more exciting.... :lol::D