• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Big thanks to Martyn (2).

Daz Type-R

He certainly has been a busy chap!!

Once again super Baz came to the rescue with a cracking bit of DIY on my OTA.

The secondary mirror for us 200P owners is a PITA to get dew heaters for, they just dont make them due to the small size of the secondary mirror, so Martyn came to the rescue and whipped me up a secondary dew heater that looks awesome - so neat and professional.

I will stick some photos up of his handy work, it really looks the biz - my words are not doing it justice!

He has also knocked me up a cable tidy/cable extension "thing" that means I only have 1 lead going from my dew controller up to my ep's, telrad etc, less chance of pulling cables out/scope over, rather than 5!!!!!!

So just wanted to say a big thanks Martyn - without your (and other peoples help) over the last 2 years, I may just of given up on this wonderful hobby.

3 cheers for Martyn.......................

I can see it now Mick.......

Chapter 4, page 8, verse 16.....

And there stood Saint Martyn, on the Mount at Belper CC, bringer of tea and modifyer of scopey things, and we all bowed down before him, as he was some modifing genius......

Martyn is a top bloke ;)

Saw I bought the big bins off phil and offered to make me dew shield for them.

Absolute legend :)

Dew heaters is next on my list-I tell ya the list seems to keep growing!

I can see it now Mick.......

Chapter 4, page 8, verse 16.....

And there stood Saint Martyn, on the Mount at Belper CC, bringer of tea and modifyer of scopey things, and we all bowed down before him, as he was some modifing genius......

Thats ace, made me chuckle loads.

Here you go Graham, direct link to Maplins where I got them from, £0.59p each........

/>http://www.maplin.co.uk/3-watt-wirewound-resistor-2173

Cheers Martyn, forgot about them, if you can do anything with them great, if not, I will stick them up on the for sale section for free, other 200P and below dob users may use them.

Cheers Martyn, forgot about them, if you can do anything with them great, if not, I will stick them up on the for sale section for free, other 200P and below dob users may use them.

Ill take em off ya if you're giving them away daz :) Need to make a secondary heater myself once master DIY'er (Martyn) gets a chance to write a guide how he did yours. I don't trust myself with electrics without direction from someone who knows what they're doing!

Don't know much about electrics so this might be a stupid question but the resistor has two wires coming from it does it matter which one is positive and negative?

Don't know much about electrics so this might be a stupid question but the resistor has two wires coming from it does it matter which one is positive and negative?

I stand to be corrected but no it makes no difference at all.

Correct (I have learned something of Martyn - yay) you decide which is which when wiring it up.

I'll look forward to the guide, so I can make Harry one, hes secondary mirror has a lot more room on the back compared to Bobs. :-)

Yes he does dew up, unlike Bob. :-S

As promised, here are some photo's of Martyns amazing diy skills.......

Home made connecters into my Kendrick, these leave the Kendrick as one cable....

photo5.jpg

Control box at the other end...

photo4.jpg

Junction box so the cable can be removed for storage...

photo3.jpg

Wire running across the spider vein, you can hardly see it...

photo2.jpg

Resistor attached to the back of the secondary...

photo.jpg

Thanks once again Martyn.

Truly awesome work there. Looks so professional. Martyn should start a business! I'd pay him to make mine look that good :D Great setup there now daz. No excuses you can stay all night now-dew doesn't stand a chance!